- School Profile
- Learning & Teaching
- School Life
- Students' Work
- Photo Albums
|ii. Academic result and rank order (provided by the EDB)||60%|
|iii. Conduct# / extra-curricular activities/ awards / prizes / outstanding achievements||10%|
Application for Secondary One Discretionary Places (2020-21 Academic Year)
[A] Application Procedure
1. Application forms are available from 14th December 2019 to 16th January 2020.
2. Application forms can be obtained via one of the following ways:
i. In person
Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & School holidays : 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
(School is closed on Sundays and all public holidays.)
ii. Download the form from this page during the period 14th December 2019 to 16th January 2020.
3. Please submit the application form to the General Office in person, from 2nd January 2020 to 16th January 2020 (both dates inclusive) during office hours, together with the following documents:
i. The School’s Copy, the EDB’s Copy and the Parent’s Copy of the ‘Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place’ issued by the EDB
ii. Original copy of the applicant’s identity document (e.g. birth certificate / identity card / passport) for verification
iii. Photocopies of P4, P5 & P6 school reports^
iv. Photocopies of certificates of prizes and awards* (original copies are not necessary and will not be accepted)
v. A self-addressed stamped envelop of a size not larger than 165 mm x 245 mm. Please state clearly on the envelop ‘Application for S1 Discretionary Place’ and student’s full name as well.
^ Copies of P6 exam results should reach the school on or before 16th January 2020 by hand or by mail if they are not ready on the day of submission. Please write the applicant’s name, student reference number and application number (to be provided by the school after the submission of application forms) on the top right-hand corner of the documents.
* Please ensure that all photocopies are in A4 size. The documents submitted will not be returned. Applicants are not required to submit any recommendation letters. Please keep the stamped Parent’s Copy of the Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place and the “Identification Slip for Interview”.
Note: Applicants participating in the Secondary School Places for Allocation System may apply for no more than two secondary schools participating in the SSPA system.
[B] Number of Discretionary Places
Our school offers 50 discretionary places.
[C] Selection Procedures
1. All eligible applicants will be invited to attend the first interview on 7th March 2020. This is an individual interview conducted in both Cantonese and English. Students’ abilities such as their command of English and Chinese, comprehension skills and presentation skills, etc. will be assessed. Please refer to the invitation letter for details of the first interview.
2. Short-listed applicants will be invited for a second interview to be scheduled on 21st March 2020. Students' abilities, such as their command in Chinese and English, communication skills, presentation skills, organization skills, analytical skills, as well as social awareness will be assessed. Please refer to the invitation letter for details of the second interview.
[D] Selection Criteria and Weighting
# The conduct grade must be B or above.
[E] Release of Results
The school will notify parents of successful applicants of their children’s inclusion in the Successful Lists for Discretionary Places by letter and phone on 31 March 2020 (Tuesday).
The results of S1 Discretionary Places will be released on 7th July 2020 together with the Central Allocation Results. Parents need not make any enquiries before the announcement of the results.
Note: The information collected will be used for the purpose of processing S1 Discretionary Places applications only.